Job available - immediate employment - General Manager - Haynes Building Services - Haynes Building Services
Company: Haynes Building Services
Location: Santa Clarita
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Job Skills / Requirements
The General Manager owns the P&L and oversees all daily
operations with direct responsibility for operations, sales,
quality and account management. The General Manager directs the
activities and will oversee the training and development of a team
of up to 10 within the Northern Los Angeles/Santa Clarita
- Directing and managing key operational functions
- Develops and maintains relationships of trust with property
management and client contacts at all assigned accounts, and ensure
- Develops plans to monitor and improve Safety, Quality, Delivery
and Cost for the operation
- Implement processes in alignment with strategic initiatives and
provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Develops and maintains customer relationships through a
scheduled program of calling and meeting with all property managers
within the assigned accounts
- Conducts monthly operations staff / training meetings with all
area managers in the region
- Interviews and recommends supervisory and management staff for
positions within the assigned area.
- Monitor operations and initiate corrective actions for
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement
- Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment
resources and direct employees to attain all established goals
- Remove waste and constraints to improve efficiency and enhance
- Regular travel to support customers and/or sales opportunities
and to expand business throughout the territory
- Uses Microsoft Office-based cost management system to audit
bi-weekly budgets for all assigned accounts to include labor,
supplies, and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of progressive management experience.
- ?Strong understanding of budgeting and expense management with
a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices.
- ?Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and coaching,
and the ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee
- Visionary leader with ability to inspire respect and trust and
mobilize others to fulfill the vision.
- ??Highly motivated and results oriented.
- ?Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems
- Exceptional customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
- Growth oriented and entrepreneurial
Education and Experience Required
- 8+ years of progressive experience in commercial janitorial,
facilities services, or similar service based/multi-site
- 5+ years of leadership experience a mobile role with
responsibility for a decentralized workforce
- 4 year degree in Business Administration or related field
- Previous P&L management
- Commits to behave in compliance with the company's values and
Code of Conduct.
- Builds a culture of work safety and lead by example with one's
own safe behavior.
- Ensures one's own compliance with the company's published
Operating Standards (professional, sales, Management and Execs
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with
positive intent and professionalism.
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do
it - champions change when improvements can be made.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects and tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb,
stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
Marsden Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
creed, ancestry, sexual or affectional orientation, marital or
veteran status, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetics, status with regard to public assistance or
any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
This job reports to the COO
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Keywords: Haynes Building Services, Santa Clarita , Job available - immediate employment - General Manager - Haynes Building Services - Haynes Building Services, Other , Santa Clarita, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!