Driver - Atria Santa Clarita
Company: Atria Senior Living Group, Inc.
Location: Santa Clarita
Posted on: June 10, 2021
What's the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding
career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a
front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on
earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary company - one
that's investing in the future of senior living by investing in
you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will
not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these
Responsible for providing safe, courteous transportation service
and serve as support staff for the Engage Life Director or
Maintenance Director. Coordinates vehicle pre-maintenance,
maintenance, and repair to ensure vehicle longevity.
- Drive vehicle from community to social and other various
destinations according to assigned schedule.
- Assist residents into and out of vehicle in a safe manner.
- Secure passengers' wheelchairs to restraining devices to
stabilize wheelchairs during trip.
- Practice safe driving techniques at all times.
- Clean and service vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and
accessories and report and coordinate vehicle maintenance
- Establish and monitor daily and weekly trip inspection and
preventative maintenance programs, as well as maintain records
regarding the maintenance of all vehicles.
- Deliver groceries and other belongings to resident's
- Assist the Engage Life Department in activities and programs as
- Ensure charges are submitted to the business office daily for
community travel expenses.
- Maintain a safe driving record according to Company
- Handle emergency situations and basic First Aid.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to the Executive
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
(1) to three (3) months of related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) or more years of driving experience and knowledge of
vehicle preventative maintenance programs.
- Commercial driver's license required to operate commercial size
- Able to operate a seven (7) to sixteen (16) passenger bus,
unless otherwise required by Atria or state law. Able to operate a
limousine or car, tire changing equipment, First Aid Kit,
wheelchair lift, and dollies/hand trucks.
- Experienced with vehicle emergency repairs, able to change
automobile tires and handle minor on-road maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of all streets within an 8-mile radius of the
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company
provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria's
Motor Vehicle Record Policy standards.
Driver, Transportation, Chauffeur, Motorist, Vehicle Operator,
Automobilist, Drivers, Bus
Keywords: Atria Senior Living Group, Inc., Santa Clarita , Driver - Atria Santa Clarita, Other , Santa Clarita, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!