Requisition ID: 390064
Store #: 000610 LensCrafters
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At LensCrafters, we love eyes and we care about the people
LensCrafters is the largest optical retailer in North America
with 1,000+ stores and as part of an eyewear industry leader,
Luxottica, our love of eyes and higher standard of quality have
made LensCrafters a leader in vision care for over 35 years.
With a career at LensCrafters, you'll find yourself learning,
growing, and interacting with some of the most passionate and
talented people in the business. At the same time, you'll be
helping people look and see their best.
The Assistant Manager acts as a leader in absence of, or in
support of the Store Manager & behaves as a business owner within
the marketplace & LensCrafters organization. Represents
LensCrafters as the premier destination for all vision needs within
the community & delivers key performance metrics.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers quality & improvement to meet or exceed all key
performance indicators (KPIs):
Comp Sales, % Sales to Plan; Conversion & Customer Count, Comp
Growth; Increased Traffic; Store Operating Profitability;
Continuity of Care, Exam Growth & Retention Goals; Net Promoter
Score; Current year objectives
- Demonstrates understanding of retail business & the capability
to transfer knowledge to superior sales & business results. Learns
& understands the competition & market trends.
- Supports the store manager in diagnosing the business &
leverages the synergies of Retail, Lab & Doctor to drive positive
- Supports store business plans to maximize sales & profit,
leverages strengths & addresses opportunities for recovery.
- Partners with store manager to lead a team through strong
knowledge & skills.
- Provides training & guidance to team members.
- Delivers clear & constructive feedback in a timely manner.
- Informs store manager of any situation that may require any
development or disciplinary action of others.
- Supports recruiting, helps select high caliber team & creates
- Follows guidelines to optimally staff store.
- Shows great pride in store appearance & executes visual
- Strives to maintain positive working relationships with
- Adheres to & ensures compliance of team to Company policies &
procedures; meets or exceeds all goals.
- Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying
reasons and root cause; strives for long-term solutions to
- Performs & understands administrative duties.
- Maintains a safe working environment for all.
- Works a flexible schedule, including nights & weekends.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 1+ year(s) management/supervisory experience with direct
- Knowledge of retail operations, processes & policies
- Strong basic math skills
- Familiarity with cash register, computers & calculators
- Must have a strong command of the English language for all
written correspondence & oral communication
- Strong communicator & listener
- Demonstrated high-level of selling skills
- Proven ability to problem solve
- College degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in leadership position within retail &
customer service industry
- Knowledge of basic optics
- Knowledge of current store merchandise
- State licensure (if applicable) &/or ABO Certification in
- Brand Final Inspector Certification
- Brand Quality, Fitting & Adjusting Program
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will
provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To
request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica
Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail
HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and
contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition,
being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression
or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military
status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful
discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or
maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics
protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance
with Tribal Law.