Sr Credit Associate (19650-376)
Company: Building Materials Holding Corporation
Location: Santa Clarita
Posted on: June 6, 2021
If you'd like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced
organization, BMC is the company for you! Military and Veterans
encouraged to apply.
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on
Helps direct work of other Credit Associates under the direction
of the Market Credit Manager. Responsible for Set up, maintenance
and collection of assigned accounts and coordinates with Operations
to resolve credit and accounts receivable issues. Manage all
disputes and collections through eCredit. Establish, monitor lien
dates and maintain security on A/R accounts and respective job
accounts. Set up new jobs accounts as needed.
- Reviews monthly aging to identify customers and/or jobs with
credit or collection issues.
- Helps with day to day questions from Credit Associates to
resolve credit issues, past due accounts, back charges, and
- Helps with training of new associates as directed by the Market
- Assist Manager's and Outside Sales associates with credit
issues (particularly resolution of past due balances).
- Make collection calls to all assigned accounts as required by
the eCredit workqueue.
- Daily monitoring of orders being released on past due accounts,
and places and removes Sales Status of "No Sales Allowed".
- Monitor lien dates to ensure timely filing of preliminary
notices/liens as needed.
- Back up to Credit Associates and Credit Administrative
associates job duties.
- Approve New Credit applications and file updates within
- Provide customers with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt
service at all times.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Retain a high degree of confidentiality regarding the credit
worthiness of customers and potential legal actions taken by the
- Adhere to the Company's safety standards and enforce safety
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Associates Degree in Finance or related
field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Ability to effectively present information to Credit Managers
and Directors of Credit as needed.
- Ability to write reports, memos, and correspondence.
- Ability to supervise work of piers, give positive feedback and
- Exceptional Excel skills (mathematical-related tasks).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.NACM Certification CBA or CBF preferred but
- Requires use of tact to avoid unnecessary conflict in carrying
out assignments, as well as exercising continuous judgment.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and email
- Minimum Experience: 4 years or more in credit administration
and accounts receivable.
Keywords: Building Materials Holding Corporation, Santa Clarita , Sr Credit Associate (19650-376), Other , Santa Clarita, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!