Built with Purpose - Delivered with Pride.
OHL North America (OHL NA) merges global expertise and a 100+
year legacy with the latest innovations and a strong regional
footprint to deliver North America's most complex and challenging
infrastructure and vertical construction projects. The company has
more than 2,000 engineering and construction professionals from
coast to coast and specializes in heavy civil construction and
modernization of critical infrastructure projects, including
highways, bridges, rail and mass transit systems, tunnels, and
water resources. Through its vertical construction affiliate, OHL
provides construction management and pre-construction services to
build and renovate healthcare, educational, and assisted living
facilities in addition to many other important cultural,
institutional, and commercial spaces.
OHL NA is the North American division of international
construction company, Obrascn Huarte Lain, S.A. (OHL Group),
headquartered in Madrid, Spain. The company's U.S. operations are
headquartered in New York City with regional office locations in
California, Texas, Florida, and Illinois. In 2020, OHL NA won $1.3
billion in new contract awards and was ranked #15 on Engineering
News-Record's list of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Contractors.
OHL USA, Inc., OHL NA's affiliate in the Western region, is a
top performer of heavy civil transportation and environmental
projects that keep the Golden State operating safely and
efficiently. One of the most prominent among its solid portfolio is
the $1.4 billion I-405 Improvement project, which features the
fast-tracked design and construction of 16 miles of two new roadway
lanes that run north and south within the confines of Orange
Extraordinary construction projects demand exceptional talent.
OHL NA brings together the construction industry's best and
brightest who thrive in a collaborative work environment and who
relish challenge and opportunity. We are currently seeking a
Construction Manager in Santa Clarita, CA.
- Responsible for managing and directing several projects by
providing the communication, coordination and follow-up necessary
to meet the project goals and objectives.
- Maintains ongoing training and mentoring of project teams.
- Directly responsible to senior executive team.
- Provides ongoing project information and project reviews as
required by management.
- Coordinates training and compliance measures to ensure project
procedures are followed.
- Ensures scope of work, schedule and budget are clearly defined
and understood by senior management and all project participants,
including the client.
- Determines controls and maintains overall project and
discipline schedules and budgets.
- Tracks schedule and budget progress with project milestones and
takes all action necessary to keep project on track.
- Identifies and secures necessary approvals for all changes in
project scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Maintains ongoing communication with client at his/her level
and works with project teams to make adjustments as necessary to
comply with clients' needs within contractual obligations, or to
adjust project deliverables to meet the client and stakeholders
- Follows and ensures conformance with policies and procedures,
including safety policies.
- Acts on behalf of OHL North America in Business Development
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction
Management, or related field/equivalent experience.
- Heavy Civil Construction background with 15+ year's field
- Experience managing multiple projects and project leaders at
- Must be safety oriented - 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA certificates
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job
- Ability to function as a team builder/player.
- The ability to freely access all points of a construction site
in wide-ranging climates and environments.
- Caltrans experience required.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will
require ability to freely access all points of a construction site
in wide-ranging climates and environments. Employee is frequently
exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud noise.
OHL NA and its affiliates are an equal opportunity employer and
all qualified applicants are considered for employment without
regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other
OHL USA, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("OHL") shall not accept
unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a
candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to OHL or an employee of
OHL, by mail, electronically, or otherwise will be considered OHL
property. OHL will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from
the receipt of an unsolicited resume. OHL will consider any
candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to
have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. OHL
Human Resources is the only authorized representative of OHL to
execute any agreements with search firms or staffing agencies. As a
condition for payment, a Vendor shall have OHL USA Inc.'s Personnel
Agreement and a Job Order signed by an authorized OHL HR
representative. Verbal or written communications from any employee
of OHL and its subsidiaries shall not be considered binding
obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be
the property of OHL.