Psychiatric Administrative Assistant
Company: Children's Bureau
Location: Santa Clarita
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under the direction of the Program Supervisor, the PA Support
Staff responsible for performing administrative and clerical duties
as they relate to the coordination of the psychiatrist schedule
including setting up and greeting clients for tele psychiatric
session. The PA Support Staff works closely with the clinicians and
supervisors to ensure clients are scheduled and seen for their
psychiatric appointments. This role will require travel between the
West Covina (Tuesday/Wednesday) and Valencia (Monday/Thursday /
- Receives all referrals for psychiatry, schedules and triages as
needed with site supervisor.
- Manages psychiatrist schedule for sites assigned to including
coordination of breaks, lunches, administrative time, as needed and
requested by the doctor.
- Greets patients when they come in and introduce them to the
- Set up telepsychiatry equipment and ensure that camera and
computer is set up prior to start of scheduled sessions for the
- Take height/weight and blood pressure (via automatic wrist
cuff) for every patient and report data to the psychiatrist.
- Coordinate faxing and scanning of signed documents for client
chart with doctor.
- Coordinates with pharmacies as needed when prescriptions get
denied or there are issues with pharmacy.
- Assists with other task when not with the doctor such as
completing new intake packet with client and family for open access
- Maintains confidentiality in matters of agency operations,
personnel, and clients.
- Maintains positive communications with all agency staff,
clients and visitors.
- Exercises good judgment in performance of duties and
- Supports existing agency policies, principles and mission.
- Assists with coverage as assigned for receptionist.
- Types correspondence, forms, reports, flyers, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned.
TRACKING AND MONITORING ACTIVITIES
- Ensures that psychiatry referrals are processed and scheduled
within mandated timeline
- Keeps supervisors abreast of wait times and any delays
regarding scheduling and processing of prescriptions.
- Keeps abreast of policy changes relative to telepsychiatry and
- An AA degree in Social Services field or High school graduation
with a minimum of three years of responsible experience in a
related field may be substituted.
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Previous clerical/secretarial experience
- Typing, word processing and data entry ability as determined by
specific job requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in the medical field preferred.
- Experience in working with children and families preferred
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Keywords: Children's Bureau, Santa Clarita , Psychiatric Administrative Assistant, Other , Santa Clarita, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!