PTS Maint. Worker I/II - Parks Grounds
Company: City of Santa Clarita, CA
Location: Santa Clarita
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Description/Duties & Responsibilities
The City of Santa Clarita has part-time, temporary, and seasonal
(PTS) positions available in the Parks division of the Neighborhood
Services department. The PTS Maintenance Worker will assist in the
maintenance of the various City parks both during the week and on
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and maintain softball diamonds and park grounds
- Performs general landscape and tree maintenance
- Performs basic sprinkler repairs
- Removes weeds and litter from parks and participates in project
work as assigned
- Uses hand tools such as shovels, picks, etc.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Six months of experience in grounds maintenance, landscape
maintenance, tree maintenance, safety inspections, and baseball
diamond preparation, small power equipment usage, or related field
- Possession of a valid California Class C driver license and
safe driving record
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work 16-40 hours per week, Monday through Friday;
may include weekends
- Basic knowledge of grounds maintenance, landscape installation,
tree maintenance, safety inspections, and baseball diamond
- Ability to lift, carry, and push tools, equipment, and supplies
weighing 50 pounds or more
- Ability to operate various small power tools
- Ability to follow proper safety protocol and pay strict
attention to safety at all times
- Ability to perform physical labor, bending, and squatting
- Ability to work outdoors and in inclement weather
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
An online completed City application form is required to apply
for this position. All employment information must be provided on
the application. Providing a resume is not a substitute for
completing this section of the application. Applications left
incomplete, or with a reference to attachments may be rejected. The
selection process will include one or more of the following:
written exam, technical knowledge assessment, writing skill
assessment, and/or oral interviews that may be conducted in person
and/or via video conferencing. Applicants that meet minimum
qualifications and are selected for interviews will be required to
disclose information regarding criminal convictions. If you require
special accommodations to participate in the application/selection
process, please notify Human Resources for assistance.
All offers of employment with the City of Santa Clarita are made
contingent upon receipt of proof of legal right to work in the
United States and successful completion of a post-offer
pre-employment physical which may include a drug screen and
Physical Abilities Test, and Department of Justice fingerprinting.
Criminal offender information will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
The City uses the E-Verify program to electronically confirm work
authorization of newly hired employees.
As a City of Santa Clarita public employee, you may be called
upon to work as a Disaster Service Worker (DSW) in the event of an
emergency (in accordance with Government Code 3100-3109). Before
entering upon the duties of employment, all public employees,
except those excluded by law, take and subscribe to an oath or
affirmation set forth in the California Constitution, declaring
them to be Disaster Service Workers in time of need.
In addition, part-time, temporary, and seasonal (PTS) employees
may be required to participate in the DMV Employer Pull-Notice
Program. This program authorizes the City to receive a driver
record report upon enrollment and during employment.
PTS workers are at-will. Generally, PTS employees are limited to
no more than 1,000 hours.
The City of Santa Clarita is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: City of Santa Clarita, CA, Santa Clarita , PTS Maint. Worker I/II - Parks Grounds, Other , Santa Clarita, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!