Excursions Director - 2021 Season
Company: American Cruise Lines
Location: Santa Clarita
Posted on: May 31, 2021
American Cruise Lines (ACL), the
largest USA flagged cruise line in the United States, is looking to
add Excursions Directors to our shipboard team as we gear up for
our 2021 season. ACL only operates within the USA. We have no more
than 200 passenger vessels that create a one of a kind small ship
experience. With newly constructed vessels being added to our
fleet, we are now accepting applications for our shipboard
management positions for our 2021 season!
The Excursions Director is responsible
for engaging guests in each destination through a series of
shoreside excursions, explorations and adventures. As the
Excursions Director, you manage, are responsible for and are
accountable for all shore excursion and transfer operations,
external vendor/operator communications, and brand ambassadorship &
representation on excursions.
This role has the highest level of
guest interaction and can be very demanding, with long hours. The
role requires an energetic and creative person with a collaborative
team spirit and a passion for guest satisfaction.
- Arrange, confirm and adjust, as necessary, all shore
excursions, explorations, adventures and transfers.
- Be extraordinarily well-versed in the cruising region, ports of
call and excursions offered.
- Accompany guests on daily excursions as a company
representative and brand ambassador.
- Coordinate, communicate and confirm all logistics with vendors,
coach companies and ground operators to ensure timely and smooth
service; confirmations should be communicated in writing at the
start of each cruise and 48-hours in advance of every service.
- Accommodate guest requests, including highly personalized ones
such as kayaking, golf tee times, and private transportation
- Socialize with guests at every opportunity including, but not
limited to, meal times and cocktail hour.
- Present a detailed Excursion Briefing to guests at the
beginning of every cruise.
- Communicate excursion changes to guests confidently.
- Oversee excursion inventory and invoicing system; be fully
responsible and accountable for system hardware.
- Manage launch boat operations with the Mate.
- Coordinate weekly office inventory.
- Coordinate the collection of arriving packages and confirm
receipt with the Hotel Manager
- Purchase morning newspapers in port each day.
- Oversee, manage inventory and display port information
collateral for guests; coordinate with local CVBs to obtain and
refresh maps, brochures and other port-/region-specific materials
of interest to guests.
- Prepare folders and materials for turnaround day.
- Inform crew members of daily excursion offerings.
- Act as company representative at pre-cruise hotels on
- Meet with Cruise Director, Guest Speakers, Guest Instructors
and Resident Entertainers at the start of every cruise to review
- Promote on board sales and brand loyalty program.
- Communicate and report regularly to the Home Office as to the
status of the cruise, excursion counts, guest issues and recovery,
and the evaluations of all shore excursions.
- Manage Guest Programs department administration tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, tourism, or event
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and a can-do attitude
- Strong public speaking skills
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Geography preferred
Company: American Cruise Lines operates
the newest and largest fleet of cruise ships in the United States,
3 of which are on the Mississippi River. The America and the Queen
of the Mississippi are modern paddlewheelers reminiscent of
steamboats from a bygone era, while the American Song is a brand
new riverboat with contemporary décor. We offer a number of
shipboard positions which provide the opportunity to cruise the
most captivating destinations in the country including the East
Coast, Mississippi River, Pacific Northwest, and Alaska. Take
advantage of this opportunity to join a thriving company with over
30 years of experience. Create lasting memories on board, while
exploring the beauty of America’s
Due to the U.S. Coast Guard regulations we
are only able to hire American citizens or those who hold a valid
Keywords: American Cruise Lines, Santa Clarita , Excursions Director - 2021 Season, Other , Santa Clarita, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!