PTS Office Clerk, Clerk & Contract Services
Company: City of Santa Clarita, CA
Location: Santa Clarita
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Description/Duties & Responsibilities
The City is currently recruiting for a part-time, temporary,
seasonal (PTS) employee to provide a wide range of clerical support
for the Clerk & Contract Services Division in the Administrative
Services Department. This position is responsible for performing
general clerical work, including answering telephones and providing
customer service to the public and other clerical duties as
This position is based out of City Hall and is expected to work
20 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides clerical support for employees in the Clerk & Contract
Services Division, including receiving, sorting, and distributing
mail to division staff.
- Serve as backup for the front desk staff as needed: including
answering resident calls and assisting walk-in customers.
- Insurance records management - including filing, scanning, and
indexing insurance files into City's electronic records
- Index and file electronic and hardcopy records and
- Process business card, nameplate, and stamp orders as requested
by City staff
- Assist Division Records Coordinator with Annual Destruction
- Utilize various software programs, including Microsoft Word,
Excel, Outlook, Laserfiche, Vector Solutions, and Infolinx.
- Proofread and edit correspondence and various documents as
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or a GED equivalent
- One year of clerical support experience in a fast-paced,
professional, and customer-service oriented environment
- Customer Service Experience is highly desirable
- Net keyboard speed of 50 wpm is highly desirable
Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong communication skills; knowledge of basic math, business
English, spelling, and a strong understanding of grammar and
punctuation rules; and the ability to correctly proofread and edit
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and
- Knowledge of clerical and office practices and procedures
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Outlook,
Word, and Excel
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to staff and the
public, including handling conflicts and complaints
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and
maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers,
and outside agencies
- Ability to manage time effectively, coordinate multiple
projects simultaneously, work in an environment with constant
interruptions, consistently meet deadlines, and be flexible to
- The ability to lift, drag, and push files, paper, and documents
weighing up to 25 pounds
An online completed City application form is required to apply
for this position. All employment information must be provided on
the application. Providing a resume is not a substitute for
completing this section of the application. Applications left
incomplete or with a reference to attachments may be rejected. The
selection process will include one or more of the following:
written exam, technical knowledge assessment, writing skill
assessment, and/or oral interviews that may be conducted in person
and/or via video conferencing. Applicants that meet minimum
qualifications and are selected for interviews will be required to
disclose information regarding criminal convictions. If you require
special accommodations to participate in the application/selection
process, please notify Human Resources for assistance.
All offers of employment with the City of Santa Clarita are made
contingent upon receipt of proof of legal right to work in the
United States and Department of Justice fingerprinting. Criminal
offender information will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. The City
uses the E-Verify program to electronically confirm work
authorization of newly hired employees.
As a City of Santa Clarita public employee, you may be called
upon to work as a Disaster Service Worker (DSW) in the event of an
emergency (in accordance with Government Code 3100-3109). Before
entering upon the duties of employment, all public employees,
except those excluded by law, take and subscribe to an oath or
affirmation set forth in the California Constitution, declaring
them to be Disaster Service Workers in time of need.
In addition, part-time, temporary, and seasonal (PTS) employees
may be required to participate in the DMV Employer Pull-Notice
Program. This program authorizes the City to receive a driver
record report upon enrollment and during employment.
Part-time, temporary, and seasonal (PTS) workers are at-will.
Generally, PTS employees are limited to no more than 1,000 hours
per fiscal year.
Application Deadline: Monday, June 7 at 12:00 p.m. (noon)
The City of Santa Clarita is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: City of Santa Clarita, CA, Santa Clarita , PTS Office Clerk, Clerk & Contract Services, Other , Santa Clarita, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!