Medical Coding and Compliance Analyst
Location: Santa Clarita
Posted on: May 3, 2021
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and
worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our
driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience
by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient,
affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers
(internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Primarily responsible for analyzing provider coding, compliance
activities and outcomes within Concentra Health Services, including
but not limited to revenue optimization, coding analytics, coding
research, documentation improvement training and level of service
coding and diagnosis coding.
- Coding analysis through data exported from internal and
external systems to identify payment trends for management and
- Coding analysis that will identify denial trends and provide
- Sorting and formatting coding data for coding auditors and
- Tracking of unpaid specialty services such as procedures,
visits and surgeries through data exports.
- Upon request, clinician payment research which includes
documentation review and payment documents from carriers.
- Completing analysis in presentation format for leadership
- Clinician/Coder support, education and training related to
revenue optimization, quality of documentation, level of service
and diagnosis coding consistent with established coding guidelines
- Productivity and project tracking.
- Upon request, create training materials.
- Upon request, training as indicated from audit results, denial
and down coding trends, level of service reports, etc. and/or as
requested by medical leadership or CBO management.
- Monitor Coding and State Workers' Compensation changes to
ensure that most current information is available.
- Provide coding support to CBO as requested.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associate degree from an accredited college preferred
- CPC or CCS-P codding certification required
- Five years progressive healthcare billing, coding and auditing
experience including provider training and presentation.
- Advanced computer skills - PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Create training materials and be able to convert and combine
files to provide a finished presentation.
- Strong process management skills
- Familiarity with state specific workers' compensation
- Training and presentation skills
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to
Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to
deal with people in a manner which shows tact and
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential
information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal
and state laws and company policies
- Ability to work to and adhere to deadlines
- High functioning and priority driven
- Professional in appearance and demeanor
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently standing, sitting or walking. The employee
is frequently to continuously required to use hands and fingers to
feel, handle, or operate PC, type, flex or extend wrist in the
performance office work and to use office equipment and/or other
equipment. Due to the nature of this position, an employee can
expect heavy computer usage requiring wrist flexion/extension for
at least 8 hours per day. The ability to hear and understand with
clarity and detect sound, and have conversations with staff,
customers, management, etc. Hearing within the acceptable range for
telephone and in-person contacts. Normal or corrected vision
requiring color perception to acceptable levels for office work.
The ability to lift/carry up to 20 pounds.
The mental demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions
of this job successfully. In this position, the employee may have
imposed pressure on a routine and frequent basis to meet various
deadlines, contact with people in demanding and unpredictable
situations and to handle confidential and sensitive information and
situations with care
- 401(k) with Employer Match Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental
Plans Life Insurance/Disability Paid Time Off/Holidays Colleague
Referral Bonus Program This job requires access to confidential and
sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure
information management.Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
Keywords: Concentra, Santa Clarita , Medical Coding and Compliance Analyst, Other , Santa Clarita, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!