Sr Mechanical Engineer
Company: Sonova AG
Location: santa clarita
Posted on: May 3, 2021
In a life without sound, our work provides meaning. As a leading
provider of innovative hearing care solutions, we are not just a
company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help
people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without
limitations, we through our core business brands Phonak, Unitron,
Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova develop, manufacture and
distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and
redefine the future of our industry.
Sr Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Implant Design Engineer
- Research, design, and develop mechanical implantable devices,
which meet performance, cost, and manufacturing goals.
- Design prototype tooling for proof-of-concept process
development. Perform testing of designs to demonstrate performance
and regulatory compliance.
- Transfer designs and processes to manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical design and material selection for neurostimulation
devices and surgical tools.
- Detailed mechanical engineering design, cost estimation, design
reviews, risk analysis, hazard analysis, FMEA-Design/Process/Use,
tolerance analysis, material analysis, force analysis, stress
analysis, thermal analysis, dynamic analysis, molding analysis, and
design verification testing.
- Mechanical and electromechanical modeling of devices when
- Design of prototype tooling for proof of concept and process
- Proper design and process documentation required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- SolidWorks 3D CAD or Pro Engineer Creo & ANSI Y14.5
- Strong materials and mechanical background
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written and Oral)
- Experience with biomedical devices and/or specific knowledge
relating to implantable & hermetically sealed biocompatible devices
- The following are considered a plus:
- Finite element modeling (Ansys)
- Knowledge of micromachining techniques and injection
- Knowledge of QSR, GMP, and Relevant Medical Standards
- Experience with submission to regulatory bodies
- Statistical process control, and experience with design for
Education and Experience :
- Master or bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or
- Min. 3-5 years of professional experience, with a combination
of product development and manufacturing.
- Desirable industry background includes medical device,
electromechanical systems or consumer electronics.
- Demonstrated execution of all phases of product
Sonova is an equal opportunity employer
We team up. We grow talent. We collaborate with people of
diverse backgrounds to win with the best team in the market place.
We guaranteeevery person equal treatment in regard to employment
and opportunity for employment, regardless of a candidates ethnic
or national origin, religion, sexual orientation or marital status,
gender, genetic identity, age, disability or any other legally
Keywords: Sonova AG, Santa Clarita , Sr Mechanical Engineer, Other , santa clarita, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!