JT4 is hiring a Senior Structural Engineer for their Edwards Air
Force Base location near Lancaster, CA.
· Perform structural analysis on metallic and composite airframe
· Develop solutions to difficult problems that are thorough,
imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives.
· Coordination and clear communication with other disciplines
during the development of design solutions.
· Concise presentation and explanation of structural
issues/solutions to internal management and customer
· Review of completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for
accuracy, clarity, and completeness.
· Evaluation of engineering products for conformity to
standards, procedures, and specifications.
· Serves as a Principal Investigator and individual contributor
to contract research, development, integration, and sustainment
· Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research
techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and
difficult system design requirements and problems.
· Conducts investigations of considerable complexity.
· Provides technical consultation to other organizations or
· Directs interface and liaison with internal and external
customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test
activities, design reviews, and technical working group meetings to
comply with requirements and specifications.
· Plans, conducts, and technically directs projects or major
phases of significant projects requiring the expert application of
· Reviews completion and implementation of systems additions
and/or enhancements and recommends corrections in technical
application and analysis to management.
· Represents the Company as technical advisor in high-level
meetings and briefings with Company and customer personnel.
· Prepares, delivers, and submits technical papers and performs
· Supports development of technical proposals and provides
comments on the technical content and level of effort of the
proposed scope of work.
· Maintains technical project responsibility for assigned tasks
and advises management of progress in support of the technical and
administrative direction of project operations.
· Conducts site visits and experimental investigations and
analyzes engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives,
and provides recommendations.
· Develops, interprets, and implements technical and
administrative operating policies and procedures.
· Performs other position-related duties and assignments as
· BS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical) from an ABET
· Minimum of 7 years of Aerospace structural analysis
· Experience in Composite Structural Analysis Methods and
documentation, detailed analysis procedures, load path development,
layout and detail sizing, impact damage effects, failure theories,
stacking sequence/laminate analysis, environmental effects, bolted
and bonded composite joints, and finite element modeling of
composite structures is required.
· Extensive experience in Structural Analysis Methods and
documentation, including hand-sheet analysis, as well as the
development and manipulation of large FE Models of metallic and
composite structures is required.
· Must demonstrate the ability to direct senior technical
personnel in project assignments involving research, development,
integration, and sustainment of complex systems or processes.
· Must use superior communications skills, both verbal and
written, in day-to-day project activities as well as in briefing
customers and in writing reports and proposals.
· Must possess planning/organizing skills and have a working
knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering
· Experience working on Special Access Programs preferred.
· Experience working on military aircraft preferred
· Experience with analytical software (MATLAB, PTYHON, STAAD Pro
· Must be a US citizen.
· Must have Active Security Clearance.
· Must possess a valid, state issued driver's license
This position involves work typical of an office environment
with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting up to 20
pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of a computer
terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing
documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for
communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to
remote Company work locations will be required.
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple
western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint
Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We
develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training
environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft,
weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's