Posted on: January 16, 2022
Assist ISP personnel with troubleshooting, support and maintenance
of network elements and connections required to support Charter's
revenue generating networks. Work to provide enterprise-wide tiered
support on converged distribution and access network elements and
connections as needed. May provide support for moderate services
and other products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality off-air,
satellite, microwave, and digital transport programming up to the
outside plant (point of demarcation from ISP facilities) utilizing,
maintaining and installing a variety of optical and electrical
interfaces including but not limited to coaxial cable, microwave,
fiber optic transmission, CAT 6 to name a few typical technologies.
This includes the installation, construction, operation and
break-fix remediation, with root cause analysis of all equipment
associated with the Headend (HE), Hubs.
- Transact HE and facility Technical Quality Assurance (TQA)
inspections; Ensure all cabling, equipment installation, power and
cooling is in compliance with corporate TQA standards. Implement
approved methods of procedure.
- Troubleshoot communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols.
- Setup and operate legacy headend equipment including but not
limited to signal processors, modulators, demodulators, IRD's and
- Responsible to analog and digital channel level measurement and
quality testing along with periodically testing of equipment and
quality of signal throughout the network.
- Install, maintain, and perform testing and required
documentation of emergency alert systems.
- Implement and properly document with guidance all required
Charter Engineering and FCC mandated PoP testing.
- Maintain required logs, records and other documentation in
compliance with company and FCC (Federal Communications Commission)
- Support and maintain protocol compatibility standards, develops
and implements network enhancements.
- Work on projects / systems / issues of moderate to medium
complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and
- Work on one or more projects as a project team member,
occasionally as a project team lead.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and
enhance the customer experience.
- Execute network problem resolution and all required HE Proof of
Performance Tests as needed. Also perform all daily, weekly,
monthly and quarterly testing and logging as outlined by ISP
- Preforms other duties requested by managerBASIC / MINIMUM
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum four (4) years Headend Technician or electronics /
network implementation experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Drivers License and safe
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Monday thru
Friday, 2PM - 11PMADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid Certifications from the Society of Cable
Telecommunication Engineers (SCTE) BTS (Broadband Transport
Specialist) & BDS (Broadband Distribution Specialist).
- Advanced knowledge of RF and IP technologies, HFC design, as
well as optical test equipment (such as OTDR, Optical Spectrum
Analyzer, Fiber Light Identifier, Optical Fiber Scope and Optical
- Fundamental knowledge of Video Networking, IP and DOCSIS.
- Expertise to differentiate between different sizes and colors
of wires and to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending,
reaching, twisting as well as work with small components and wires
to make cable connections.
- Capability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as
ladders) within the maximum limitations of that equipment).
- Competency to accurately measure distances, using tapes or
other measuring devices and to read general system layouts from
blue prints and system maps.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work in a 24x7, fast paced environment; work indoors in
confined space, poorly ventilated areas.
- Proficiency to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of
weather while carrying tools and equipment, including ladders and
fully loaded tool belts
- Capable to perform duties from high places (roofs); ability to
work while standing 50-70% of the time; work and travel in
inclement weather; work performed near power facilities and
electricity. EIP320-ISP 300448 300448BR by Jobble
Keywords: Spectrum, Santa Clarita , Cable Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Glendora, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!